Arts Connection is supporting continuing Masquerade workshops for 2013 and are looking for a workshop leader.
To lead the Masquerade workshops for people of all ages and abilities on the dates and times agreed. The aim of the workshops is to build on drama techniques, enhancing acting and movement skills through improvisation, storytelling, creative writing, dance, singing, music and much more. We expect the artist to work 6pm – 9pm in setting up and breaking down the workshop.
The group will meet two Wednesdays of each month from April – December with a break in August. We also hope to run one off workshops with some of the Masquerade participants in local schools and to have a showcase of the work created in December.
Venue: Youth & Community Centre, Llanfyllin
Times: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Contact: Main point of contact will be Siân Walters at the Arts Connection office.
We have a number of resources available at the building including percussion instruments, a parachute and arts materials for use during the workshops.
£75 per session, plus mileage over a 50 mile round trip
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Essential Employment Criteria:
- At least 5 days experience in the last 2 years of working as an artist working with people with learning disabilities
- Evidence of work that is well planned and suitable the range of abilities and ages presented by the group
- An understanding of effective communication and interaction with adults with learning disabilities
- Registered or willing to register with the Criminal Records Bureau (enhanced level disclosure, the cost of which is £44)
- Agree that Arts Connection can apply for references from previous positions in relation to standards set for project
- Complete evaluation forms as supplied by Arts Connection
Desirable Employment Criteria: Ability to speak Welsh
To apply please complete an application form available from the Arts Connection office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information required:
- 5 images of previous work
- CRB Number and Issue Date (if you do not hold a current CRB you must be willing to undertake one as soon as you are in placement, this will cost £44)
Deadline for submissions: 5pm on Friday 8th February